One ofÂ the most important and often overlooked methods ofÂ promoting your online business isÂ your email signature. Letâ€™s take aÂ moment toÂ discuss the benefits ofÂ using anÂ email signature. In e-mailing clients orÂ prospects, the use ofÂ aÂ signature can beÂ one ofÂ your most effective tools. Signatures should not beÂ long and drawnÂ out, but should offer quick information that will help your clients contactÂ you. For any business venture, having a well written signature can make the difference in higher sales, more networking contacts and the potential for prosperity! Use the following asÂ aÂ guide toÂ build aÂ signature that will help you meet your needs and reach your goals:
- Your name, the name ofÂ your business, and/or your position isÂ necessary toÂ build your brand orÂ name recognition. You donâ€™t want toÂ forget this, right?
- Your email address isÂ vital. IfÂ your email has good content, people will want toÂ contactÂ you. Having your email address visible (and clickable) isÂ the best means toÂ satisfy the need toÂ “doÂ itÂ now”.
- Your domain isÂ your presence onÂ theÂ web. People will beÂ enticed toÂ take action immediately ifÂ the information isÂ readily accessible. While itÂ may beÂ best toÂ send them toÂ the home page, the content ofÂ your writing may suggest you send them toÂ aÂ specific page.
- Email isÂ great, but people often like toÂ connect with you onÂ aÂ different level. Make sure toÂ include your phone number soÂ theyÂ can. Remember your fax numberÂ too!
- State your mission orÂ purpose. This isÂ aÂ short sentence that differentiates you from others inÂ your business.
- Provide aÂ reason why they should contact youÂ now. You could offer anÂ incentive for recipients toÂ take aÂ specified action.